Tuesday, September 4, 2012

News: Studs of Craigslist Donkey Retiring

As of today, the original Studs of Craigslist donkey is being retired. 

A little back story....

When I first created Studs of Craigslist I wasn't sure how successful or well received it would be, and I didn't want to put a lot into something that may turn out to be one of my great ideas that aren't actually all that great (Like that time I was going to be an astronaut....). So I created a free account on Blogger and lifted an image from a Google image search. Well, a little over a year later and Studs of Craigslist has 303 posts, nearly 13,000 visitors, and dedicated fans. I get emails from readers telling me they "laughed until they cried", thanking me for making their bad day better, and asking for more. I want to thank everyone for all of the support! 

In the near future Studs of Craigslist will be undergoing some changes and moving to a new site. The first order of business was acquiring the legal rights to our graphics (nobody likes to be sued). 

Last week I contacted Mike Barron, creator of Malcontent (an awesome web comic), and asked him to help me create a new and more representative image for the blog. You can see Mike's post on helping Studs of Craigslist out here: http://www.malcontent-comics.com/draw/2012/09/03/donkeys/

I think Mike did a great job of capturing the essence of Studs of Craigslist in his drawings and I look forward to working with him again in the future. If you are interested in contracting Mike, he can be contacted through his website http://www.malcontent-comics.com/draw/

No comments:

Post a Comment